Feeling low and willing to try anything

Posted Mon 6 May 2024 13.29 by Frankie

Hello all, I’m looking for some help and advice. Has anyone tried Chinese herbal medicine, acupuncture, psoriasis friendly foods or any other alternative medicine that has helped their psoriasis? I’ve been taking hydroxycarbamide for 4 months and there has been no improvement, so willing to try anything that may help! Thanks all and take care.

Posted Mon 6 May 2024 15.18 by Tess
58 years

HI - yes I tried Chinese herbal medicine and it (or something?) cleared my psoriasis. I discussed with my GP first and they made me take a liver test - as apparently the herbs can affect your liver. This was a long time ago - but it hasn't really returned since - other than in small patches.

Posted Mon 6 May 2024 16.04 by Frankie

Hi Tess, Many thanks for your reply. Appreciate your help and advice. Sharon

Posted Sat 11 May 2024 23.17 by BigA1988
Hi. I’ve had psoriasis since the age of 12, and have tried almost every cream, steroid imaginable. Still looking for ways to battle it

I’m currently trying the blueberrie “treatment” after trying high dose Vitamin D, which in conjunction with Enstillar worked, but not for long. But getting my Vitamin D levels up has stopped my large patches from coming back. It’s more sore spots now.

Posted Sun 12 May 2024 09.25 by Frankie

Hi, Many thanks for your reply. I will try the blueberry treatment and up my vitamin D. I've made an appointment for acupuncture treatment, so will see if that helps. Take care.

To take part, sign in or register with us